Monday 2 July 2018

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review

Hello everybody today I will be reviewing the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette. This eyeshadow palette comes with 12 shades with each shadow being 0.05 oz of product. This palette retails at Sephora for $66 and was made in China. There are two matte shades, two satins, two shades with micro glitter and the rest are shimmer.

All swatches are done with a finger and no base. For this first set of swatches we have...Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar and Buck.

Next we have Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse and Toasted.

Finally we have Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal.

So first things first. This was my first ever purchase from Sephora back in November and spending that 66$ was a huge deal for me.The shimmer shades in this palette are pretty nice. They are nice and smooth, pigmented and blend nicely. The two matte shades and the two  shades with glitter are a bit patchy and aren't as pigmented. You definitely need to build the shadows to get a good pigment. The shimmers blend pretty well while the mattes need a little bit more work. I find this to be the case with most mattes though so to me it's not a huge deal. I'm not super thrilled with the price. You get less shades and less product then you do with lets say a Violet Voss palette. I would like to get the other three Naked palettes but I don't recommend this as a first high end purchase. Besides the price my other complaint is because of my fair skin, there isn't a good brow bone highlight or inner corner highlight. The lightest shade Virgin is pretty close to my own skin color and doesn't show up so well so I have to use something from another palette. This wouldn't be that great for travel as I would need to bring something else for a highlight. I really like the shades Toasted and Half Baked. These are super pretty and probably the shades I use the most along with Naked. If you already have a bunch of neutral eyeshadow palettes I don't think you really need this though. Yes the shimmers are nice but pretty much everyone is doing these same shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

meech and mia pressed eye shadow

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the meech and mia pressed eye shadow single in the shade taupe. i got this in one of my ipsy glam...