Monday 11 June 2018

Urban Decay Single Eyeshadow Review

Hey everyone! Today I will be reviewing the Urban Decay eyeshadow singles. The two shades I have here are 1985 (left) and Lounge (right). You get 0.05 oz of product and these shadows are made in the USA. On the Sephora website these retail for $24.00 CND and there are matte, satin, shimmer and metallic shades.

Here is a swatch done with just the finger. You can see that 1985 doesn't seem to swatch that well with a finger. Lounge though, is super pigmented!

I decided here to do swatches with a brush. The first set has no base, which you can see how little pigment there is with 1985. The second set I did with a Nyx Jumbo white pencil. With the pencil, it seems to take away some of the glitteryness with Lounge while it definitely helps make 1985 more pigmented.

Lounge is a shimmer described as being a brick red with a green shift. It is super soft, pigmented and easy to blend. 1985 is a matte, or at least that's what Sephora calls it. When you look at the shadow in the pan it looks like a shimmer, and even when swatched with the finger looks shimmery. When I put 1985 on using the Nyx base it did seem to matte out, which I find odd. 1985 is soft but not as soft as Lounge but it does blend just as well. Pigmentation wise, you need a white base with this eyeshadow to make it look like the shade in the pan. This is something I found with the mattes from the Urban Decay Naked palette as well. Urban Decay just doesn't seem to do matte eyeshadows that well.

If your going to buy single Urban Decay eyeshadows, I recommend that you stick to the shimmer or metallic shades. Those are super pretty and have great pigmentation. $24 though is a bit much so I personally don't think I will buy anymore Urban Decay single eyeshadows, the palettes are a much better deal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

meech and mia pressed eye shadow

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the meech and mia pressed eye shadow single in the shade taupe. i got this in one of my ipsy glam...