Wednesday 6 June 2018

Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette Review

What's up everybody! Today I will be reviewing the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. This drugstore eyeshadow palette retails for about 17$. Yes you heard me right folks, 17$. The 12 shade eyeshadow palette is made in the USA and has matte, satin and shimmer shades.

As you can probably see from these swatches, which were done with just a finger, these shadows are pretty poor. There is pretty much no pigment with the exception of a few of the shimmer shades. The mattes are chalky and when applied become patchy and because they don't have pigment just end up looking muddy on the eyes. Using a base with these shadows, doesn't help that much either. I find that the patchyness becomes worse when using a base. These are honesty some of the most unimpressive shadows I have ever used, even from the drugstore. Maybe if you are just learning how to use makeup this would be ok, but 17 bucks for that? It's just sad. Don't waste your 17$ on this palette, go get yourself some ColourPop eyeshadows instead. Those are cheap and really good quality. I literally do not reach for this Maybelline palette, and I totally regret buying it. It was super hyped about in the Youtube community and in reality is just a major let down. I see that Maybelline has more palettes like The Nudes, but I suspect that those eyeshadows will be pretty much the same in quality and therefore will not be purchasing those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

meech and mia pressed eye shadow

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the meech and mia pressed eye shadow single in the shade taupe. i got this in one of my ipsy glam...