Monday 4 June 2018

Adesse New York Gel Effect Nail Polish Review

Hello everybody today I will be reviewing the Adesse New York Gel Effect Nail Polish in the shade Oh, Cabana Boy. Now being the idiot that I am, I forgot to take a photo of this nail polish so you could see a swatch of it. Sorry about that. Anyway I got this in my May Ipsy Glam bag. On both the Ipsy website and the Adesse website, this nail polish retails for $18.00 USD.

This nail polish is a light somewhat periwinkle blue, a really beautiful color. Sadly I am not a fan of this formula. When I first used this I had a really bad cold and therefore couldn't smell, boy could I smell this nail polish though! It has a really strong chemically smell that I am not a fan of. I find it weird how strong and nasty the scent is considering this is supposed to be made of natural, organic ingredients.

A couple of hours after putting this nail polish on, I had a bath and within a few moments of me being in the bath the polish on three of my nails totally peeled off. It didn't peel off in little chunks either, the entire coat that was on the nail peeled off in one piece. It looked like I didn't even apply nail polish.

Now I don't expect to get nail polish that doesn't chip. I do manual labour for work and I have come to expect my nails to chip. I hadn't even been to work yet and the rest of the polish that was left on my nails started to chip and peel really badly. I don't know if I just got a bad batch of this polish but I've never had a polish act this way before. I am so not impressed with how this preforms especially with how much it costs. I think I'll stick to my $4 Sally Hansen nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

meech and mia pressed eye shadow

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the meech and mia pressed eye shadow single in the shade taupe. i got this in one of my ipsy glam...