Thursday 3 May 2018

GlamGlow Supermud Activated Charcoal Treatment Review

What's up guys? Today I will be reviewing the GlamGlow Supermud Activated Charcoal Treatment Mask. I personally received a sample of this for free from one of my Sephora orders. There are many different size options you can buy from Sephora. The standard size of this product contains 1.7 oz of product for $75CND. Ya that's right, you heard me. $75! To say that is expensive, is a understatement. The 3.5oz size of this mask, also called the value size, is $99CND. Now I understand that some people like to splurge on skincare, but 75 - 100 dollars?! No thank you. That in itself is a huge no for me. Anyway this is a charcoal mask that contains 6 different types of acid as well as eucalyptus. Glamglow claims that this product will help common skin problems such as acne, redness, scars, ingrown hairs, razor bumps, shrink pores and help oily skin.
The actual product for me, despite there being so many good reviews did not work out for me. I know you are supposed to use a mask more than once to get an idea as to how it will work, but once you read what I just went through you will totally understand.
After first applying, the mask was quite cooling and soothing most likely thanks to the eucalyptus. Within a few moments though a tingling sensation started in my nose area, which is where my pores are the largest. The more this mask dried the more that tingling started to burn, particularly in the crevasse of the nose. The burning started out to be bearable but once I hit the 12 minute mark was just to much and I needed to wash off the mask.
Once I removed the mask things for my skin started to get worse. My face was bright red, like lobster red and was hot to the touch. I looked like I had a sunburn. I also noticed that my skin had severely dried out to the point where it was flaking in places like my forehead. The redness for the most part did go away after a few hours but my skin was still warm and painful. The next day the pores on my nose a bigger than ever, I was breaking out on my forehead, I had a rash on my chin and right cheek that both itched and hurt and the rest of my skin was still hot and painful. I sat there trying to figure out what did my skin react so badly to. My skin on my face is slightly sensitive but out the three or four different face masks I've tried I've never had a problem until now. I know it wasn't the eucalyptus, as I use stuff likes Vicks all the time when I have a cold and that doesn't bother me. It wouldn't be the charcoal, I've used a mask before that has charcoal in it, and it didn't bother me. The only thing I can think of, is the blend of the different acids used in this product.
After some research, I've found out that I'm not the only one who has been having this issue. I think the concentration of acid in this product is just so high that it basically gave me a chemical peel. I do not recommend this product at ALL. This is going to ruin your skin, go with something else. It's ridiculously expensive and the results are terrible. You can get much better and affordable face masks at the drugstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

meech and mia pressed eye shadow

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the meech and mia pressed eye shadow single in the shade taupe. i got this in one of my ipsy glam...