Wednesday 18 April 2018

Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow Review

Whats up guys! I was a little hesitant to do this review as I just found out that this is being discontinued, but whatever. This is the Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow in the shade Danzig. Currently it is one sale at Sephora for 15$ as opposed to the 25$ it was before it was being discontinued. Kat Von D products are vegan, cruelty free and these eyeshadows are made in the USA. You get 0.10 oz of product.

The swatches in the above photo are as follows. The first swatch is done with just a finger, the second done with a brush and no base, the last done with a brush and a nyx concealer as a base. I am somewhat disappointed in this particular eyeshadow. From seeing other peoples photos, I thought that this purple would be quite vibrant but in reality it isn't. It takes forever to build up and is no where as impressive as the purple in say, the UD x Kristen Leanne Palette. While the formula itself is fine, the color is just meh. Oddly enough when I used this with a flesh toned base, such as the Nyx concealer this eyeshadow went more blue than purple, similar to the last swatch.
There is a little bit of fallout from the blue glitter in the shadow but it's not as crazy as I went through with the Sephora eyeshadows. If you want to try Kat Von D eyeshadows, I'd suggest trying her eyeshadow palettes. The quality and pigment in her palettes seem to be much better. Frankly I'd save your 15$ for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

meech and mia pressed eye shadow

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the meech and mia pressed eye shadow single in the shade taupe. i got this in one of my ipsy glam...