Friday 15 February 2019

Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation

hello everyone, today i will be reviewing the kat von d lock it tattoo foundation. now i know, amy why are you reviewing a kat von d product when you said that you didn't support the brand anymore? well i got a sample of it with one of my sephora orders so i didn't actually go out and buy this. besides i want you guys to know what my honest opinion is on this product.
anyway the full size of this product costs $44CND and you get exactly 1 ounce of product.  there is also a mini version that has 0.5 ounces of product and costs $22 but it also has a much smaller shade range. the shade i had a sample of was light 44 cool and to be honest wasn't really my shade. it claimed to be cool toned but there was defiantly a lot of yellow in it, at least one my face where i need something with a pink undertone. i do want to point out that it was also a little bit too dark for me.
now when i wore this i didn't use a primer, this is how i like to test foundation to see how well it will performs by itself. the claim on the sephora website is that it basically should work with all skin types. at the moment because of the weather, my skin is dry. coverage of this foundation was decent, it defiantly covered up all the redness in my face and nose. the feel of the foundation upon first applying is pretty comfortable and looked decent on the skin. throughout the day though my skin started feeling extremely dry and the foundation was looking pretty nasty on my skin. it had sunk into any lines and made any wrinkles on my face look a million times worse. i also want to point out that the color had changed and oxidized a bit. once i removed the foundation my skin was also pretty irritated and way drier than it had been before i put the foundation on. now i don't know how old this sample was, if it was an old sample and that's why it didn't look so great or if the actual foundation is like this. but i don't plan on buying it to find out. have you guys tried this foundation? what is it like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

meech and mia pressed eye shadow

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the meech and mia pressed eye shadow single in the shade taupe. i got this in one of my ipsy glam...