Monday 14 January 2019

hourglass vanish seamless finish foundation stick

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the hourglass vanish seamless finish foundation stick. now first things first. i did not use a full size of this, i got a sample from sephora with one of my orders. the shade i got was shell, which did not match me at all. it's way to dark. i think i might be closer to the shade porcelain, but i'm not letting that count in my review. anyway a full size of this product will coast you $56.00 CND for 0.25 ounces of product. yikes that is expensive for how little amount of product you get.
now my skin can be a little temperamental. some days i'm normal, some days i'm dry and some i'm oily. i am however always oily around my nose (except when it's dry, my nose is one or the other), my lady stash aka my upper lip and my lower lip. so finding a foundation that works can be a pain in the ass. when i tried this i had a few dry patches on the top of my head and the redness in my skin was being very red that day. this claims it will work for all skin types so i though eh i will try it today anyway and boy was that a mistake. first off it didn't cover the redness in my face so well, which i need a foundation to do. it clung to the dry patches on my forehead and just in general looked super cakey on my skin and i didn't even set it! i also found it a bit hard to blend especially with a sponge. once i did what i could with it, it didn't feel too bad on the skin, like it didn't feel heavy even though it was cakey. i only wore for it for about an hour so i can't say if the long wearing claim is true ( i can't wear foundation for too long or my skin breaks out) but it did still look the same from when i first put it on. removing this was actually a pain i used two makeup remover wipes plus my normal face cleanser and i still felt like there was product on my face.
it didn't break me out for the short amount of time that i wore it, which is a big plus but i just feel like if your having dry skin that this isn't going to be for you. i almost wonder if the cakeyness wouldn't be so bad with this product if you had oilyer skin? i wouldn't say that this if full coverage either as you could still see some of the redness under the foundation. although i have tried a couple of drugstore foundations that aren't full coverage but still cover up the redness in my cheeks. i just don't think that this is worth the money. for me it's pricey, especially for a stick foundation. had this been a liquid foundation i could justify the $56 a little more but even then, to me that's still a bit much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

meech and mia pressed eye shadow

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the meech and mia pressed eye shadow single in the shade taupe. i got this in one of my ipsy glam...