Wednesday 11 April 2018

SephoraCollection Colorful Eyeshadow Review


Hello everybody and welcome to the first review at Beginner Beauty Nerd. For my first review, I'd thought I would do the Sephora brand single eyeshadows. Currently they are in the process of being discontinued, but Sephora.com does still have some of the shadows for sale on the website. 
The two colors I am reviewing are Apple Mojito (left) and Break the Bank (right). Both of these are a glitter shadow, however Sephora does have other finishes like shimmer and matte. Both of these shadows are 0.07 oz. Apple Mojito was made in Italy while Break the Bank was made in France. I kind of find that a little bit weird, being made in two totally different countries but whatever. 




Here we have the swatches of the shadows. The first set of swatches is done with a finger and no base. The second set of swatches was done with a brush and no base, while the third set was done with a brush and a NYX base.The color payoff with one swipe is ok, however I have found that it is fairly easy to build the color. This shadows (or at least the glitter ones) NEED a base or they just disappear into nothingness on the lid. These guys have really bad fallout too so I recommend either doing your foundation last or putting a crap ton of powder under your eyes. To me this isn't the end of the world as I don't really wear foundation that much anyway. The major downfall of these shadows for me is the lack of blendibility. I understand that these are a glitter finish but getting them to blend is a nightmare. Because of this I like to pack these shadows at the centre of the lid to make a look pop. Again I don't know if ALL Sephora shadows are bad at blending, it could just be that these are glitter. They are really pretty colors though and thus far I didn't have any shadow like them in my tiny collection.
Currently these shadows are retailing for 6$ each on the Sephora Canada website. With a price like that you really can't go wrong in giving these shadows a shot. Have you guys tried these shadows? If so how did they perform for you? Let me know down in the comments, I'm curious to know especially with the other finishes!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

meech and mia pressed eye shadow

hello everyone today i will be reviewing the meech and mia pressed eye shadow single in the shade taupe. i got this in one of my ipsy glam...